To create a gallery, one must visit their profile page and view the section displaying galleries that the user is active in (see right image) and click on the link 'create a gallery'.
The user will be taken to a page where the following information must be entered:
- Gallery name
- Gallery description
- Who can add projects
- Only the gallery owner
- Only the gallery owner's friends
- Only some of the gallery owner's friends (only accessible once the gallery has been created)
- Tags (optional)
Once completed, the gallery will be created. It will be empty at first and with a default icon, but projects can be added and the icon can be changed.
A created gallery can be edited to display any project - just as if it were a museum's gallery.
The gallery owner can do any of the following:
- Add projects
- Change the criteria on who can add projects
- Delete the gallery
- Change the gallery's icon
- Change the gallery description
- Remove projects
However, you cannot edit the tags of a gallery, or give it custom tags as if it were a project.
Users can post comments as if the gallery were a project.
Featured GalleriesEditThere is a section on the Front Page that displays the three most recently featured galleries. The section is updated without a time limit; the Scratch Team adds galleries whenever they see an interesting one.
Galleries are used for any of the following:
- Sources to view projects of a certain type
- Displaying past curator picks
- Company headquarters
- RPG grounds
- Chatrooms (discouraged by the Scratch Team)
There is no specific use for a gallery - they can be used for anything.